HISTORYTHE EVOLUTION OF 70 YEARS IN BUSINESS
The Butcher Engineering Enterprises Limited was founded in 1943 in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Our commitment to continuous improvement has set the foundation for growth and expansion. With over seven decades of experience, we have built long-lasting relationships with our customers – built on quality, delivery and trust. Today we are known as Spencer//Butcher Group. Our name has changed – our commitment to quality and service hasn’t.
- William and Leslie Butcher – Founder, Butcher Engineering
- Packaging of replacement parts for military and automotive industry
- Opened painting facility in Brampton, ON. to paint gears and other automotive parts
- Opened 210,000 sq. ft. head office in Windsor ON.
- Automotive Material Recovery center opens in Michigan
- Spencer Logistics purchases Assemble-Rite, Ltd.
- Formed Spencer ARL Managed Support Services
- 80,000 sq. ft. LOC facility opens in Niagara Falls providing services for GM Transmission Plant in St.Catharines, ON
- Opened 80,000 sq. ft. LOC facility in the St. Catharines ON. GM Powertrain Plant providing services for GEN V small block engine
- Processes include daily reporting to GM data analysis on 56 components for 38 suppliers
- Bill Butcher’s daughters, Linda and Marilyn purchase Butcher Enterprises
- The Spencer//Butcher Group is created
- Combined inbound and outbound services
- Provides competitive advantage for our customers
- State-of-the-art technology and streamlined processes
- Real time information
For the past seven decades, Butcher Engineering has built many long-lasting partnerships based on our personalized approach, professionalism, experience and reliable performance.
In 2013, we celebrate our 70th Year Anniversary of providing supply chain management solutions that deliver results.